Monday, August 15, 2011

I-Spy a Quiet Book page

 I finally started a Quiet Book for Bryn to take to church.  She loves books, and is starting to be noisy so...I know she's only ten months, but she needs a quiet book.  The first page was so fun!  It' an I-Spy bag, made into a page.  


To make the page you'll need:
 Sew the bias tape around the edge of the vinyl, raw edges to the outside, to make a frame.  Use long stitches on vinyl (less perforation for the vinyl to tear). Use interfacing to 'stick' the wrong sides together of the inside panel and back panel.  Sew window to back panel with outer pieces facing.  Leave enough space for turning inside out.  Turn, fill, and sew closed your page.  I added eyelets/grommets for my book binding.  You could also use a button hole.  I also added a pocket on the back to hold lists of things to find.  If adding a pocket, do so before interfacing to inside panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment